The following are the first twenty-five terms of a sequence: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 29, 32, 34, 36, 37, 40, 41, 45, 49, 50, . . . Same idea as the other sequences. Describe the pattern of the sequence. If you use a search engine, please don't submit it in the comments. I'm not sure how tough this one will be. I'm running out of ideas for good ones to post. If it hasn't been solved by Thursday, I'll give a hint then. Also, if you ask a polar question (i.e., a yes/no question), I will probably answer it if it relates to this sequence. I'll post the solution on next week's sequence. Last week's sequence (4, 6, 9, 10, 14, 15, 21, 25, 35, 49, . . .) was the list of composite numbers with two prime factors of equal digit length. E.g., a(7)=21, since 21=(3)(7), and each of 3 and 7 are only one digit long. That's why there's the gap between a(10)=49 and a(11)=121. KWTsui pretty-much solved it. Update: Sorry for being so late in bringing you the hint. Hint: You'd come back again and again to this list when dealing with the Pythagorean Theorem.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment