Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This is a surprising first post. I figured that I'm going to be writing a lot pertaining to the Bible, and in so doing I'll be using mostly abbreviations for the Scripture references. Some may not be intuitive. Therefore, I've decided to leave it unambiguous, by posting on it:

Book (Abbreviation)
Genesis (Ge.)
Exodus (Ex.)
Leviticus (Le.)
Numbers (Nu.)
Deuteronomy (De./Dt.)
Joshua (Js.)
Judges (Jd.)
Ruth (Ru.)
1 Samuel (1S.)
2 Samuel (2S.)
1 Kings (1K.)
2 Kings (2K.)
1 Chronicles (1Ch.)
2 Chronicles (2Ch.)
Ezra (Ez.)
Nehemiah (Ne.)
Esther (Es.)
Job (Jb.)
Psalms/Psalm (Ps.)
Proverbs (Pr.)
Ecclesiastes (Ec.)
Song of Songs (So.)
Isaiah (Is.)
Jeremiah (Je.)
Lamentations (La.)
Ezekiel (Ek.)
Daniel (Da.)
Hosea (Ho.)
Joel (Jl.)
Amos (Am.)

Obadiah (Ob.)
Jonah (Jo.)
Micah (Mi.)
Nahum (Na.)
Habakkuk (Hk.)
Zephaniah (Zp.)
Haggai (Hg.)
Zechariah (Zc.)
Malachi (Ml.)
Matthew (Mt.)
Mark (Mk.)
Luke (Lk.)
John (Jn.)
Acts (Ac.)
Romans (Ro./Rm.)
1 Corinthians (1Co.)
2 Corinthians (2Co.)
Galatians (Ga.)
Ephesians (Ep.)
Philippians (Pp.)
Colossians (Co./Cl.)
1 Thessalonians (1Th.)
2 Thessalonians (2Th.)
1 Timothy (1Ti.)
2 Timothy (2Ti.)
Titus (Ti.)
Philemon (Pm.)
Hebrews (Hb./Hw.)
James (Ja./Jm.)
1 Peter (1P.)
2 Peter (2P.)
1 John (1J.)
2 John (2J.)
3 John (3J.)
Jude (Ju.)
Revelation (Re./Rv.)

Realitically, I'm probably not going to speak on most of these books, but it doesn't hurt to address them before they come up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment