Saturday, February 21, 2009

From Blog and Mablog:

[F]eminism, far from liberating women to compete with men on a level playing field, has actually resulted in a removal of many ancient constraints that provided protection for women—protection from one another. Feminism has not liberated women to get in there to race with the big dogs. But it has succeeded in multiplying the cat fights. Women don't compete with men. But they can be prevailed upon to compete with other women, in the presence of men, for the approval of men, or for the men themselves.

I took the quote out of context, though, it does speak for itself. Read the whole thing.

The proposal of the quote seems both logical and plausible, but not infallible. I can imagine a feminist saying, "That's simply not true." Anyway, I wonder about its validity. Plus, it was written by a man.

--

Doug Wilson, the author of Blog and Mablog, one of my favourite blogs, among other things, writes interesting narratives, they're parables. That's where this quote came from. He's a pastor, a professor, and an apologist. He did a series of debates with Christopher Hitchens (here's the only one with free audio that I know of, three parts: 1, 2, 3, and there's a transcript of all some of their written back and forth).

0 comments:

Post a Comment