Monday, February 9, 2009

I wonder how long I could convincingly pretend to be colour blind.

I doubt I could for very long pretend to be deaf, physically disabled or completely blind (remember the challenge it was for Ziyi Zhang, in House of Flying Daggers?), but pretending to be colour blind might be doable. I wonder what fumbles would be the first give aways.

3 comments:

dave said...

one way to get people to think you were colour blind would be to ware bright coloured shirts, especially pink. I had a gym teacher in elementary school who always wore bright pink, we later found out he was colour blind.

Peter Eddy said...

I think that I've known a few people over the years who've been colour-blind, but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told.

Anonymous said...

You should just sit there and ask people to get that pink thing from the cupboard. (Make sure you check beforehand that's there's nothing remotely pink in the cupboard).

You also might be able to get away with pretending that you don't have the sense of smell. (That is, unless you have the will power to ignore a particularly repugnant fart).

I always loved those colour-blind test books they have at optometrist offices.

T

Post a Comment