Monday, May 26, 2008

On Saturday, I was taking the elevator up to my mother's condominium with another guy in the elevator. I was carrying a notebook, the type that we used in elementary school that's big and colourful on the outside, and he asked me whether I was going to study. I told him that school was over. So he asked what the book what for, so I told him for notes, not realizing that my response would probably perplex him. Upon his confusion, he asked me whether it was recreational, so I made it more clear, "Sermon notes. Church notes." He finally understood it. He then asked what church, wondering whether I was with the Latter Day Saints (or LDS, for short). I quickly said, "No" and told him that I was a baptist, as he walked out of the elevator. Either he's a Mormon, in which case his response wouldn't scare me at all, or else, we as evangelicals have done a poor job of representing ourselves in society.

0 comments:

Post a Comment