Sorry for not posting the hint last week. I was busy, and thus forgot, focusing on things that actually matter. The following are the first ten terms of a sequence: 0, 4, 9, 8, 25, 13, 49, 12, 18, 29, . . . Same idea as the other sequences. Describe the pattern of the sequence. If you use a search engine, please don't submit it in the comments. If it hasn't been solved by Thursday (and if I remember), I'll give a hint. Also, if you ask a polar question (i.e., a yes/no question), I will probably answer it if it relates to this sequence. I'll post the solution on next week's sequence. Last week's sequence (1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, . . .) was a recursive sequence. First, define a(1)=1. Next, for i=1, 2, 3, . . ., if a(i) is a composite integer (i.e., non-prime), then a(i+1)= a(i)+1, and if a(i) is prime, then a(i+1)= a(i)+2. Pretty easy; no examples. Update: Hint: It's related to the prime divisors of the terms.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment