Monday, August 17, 2009

The following are the first ten terms of a sequence:

5, 7, 13, 19, 31, 43, 61, 73, 103, 109, . . .

Same idea as the other sequences. Describe the pattern of the sequence. If you use a search engine, please don't submit it in the comments.

If it hasn't been solved by Thursday I'll give a hint. Also, if you ask a polar question (i.e., a yes/no question), I will probably answer it if it relates to this sequence.

I'll post the solution on next week's sequence.

Last week's sequence (0, 4, 9, 8, 25, 13, 49, 12, 18, 29, . . .) was the sum of the squares of the prime divisors of the index (with multiplicity). E.g., 1 has no prime divisors so a(1)=0. E.g., 10 has prime divisors 2 and 5 so a(10)=22+52=29. E.g., 24 has prime divisors 2 (with multiplicity 3) and 3 so a(24)=3(22)+32=21.

0 comments:

Post a Comment