Monday, August 24, 2009

The following are the first ten terms of a sequence:

1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 6, 12, 22, 37, 58, . . .

Same idea as the other sequences. Describe the pattern of the sequence. If you use a search engine, please don't submit it in the comments.

If it hasn't been solved by Thursday I'll give a hint. Also, if you ask a polar question (i.e., a yes/no question), I will probably answer it if it relates to this sequence.

I'll post the solution on next week's sequence.

Last week's sequence (5, 7, 13, 19, 31, 43, 61, 73, 103, 109, . . .) was the greater of a pair of consecutive odd numbers that are both prime. E.g., 101 and 103 are consecutive odd numbers, and they're both prime. The latter, 103, is the greater, so it is in the sequence. E.g., 5 and 7 are consecutive odd numbers, and they're both prime. The greater, 7, is in the sequence. (The lesser, 5, is also in the sequence because it and 3 are consecutive odd numbers that are both prime, and 3 is less than 5.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment