With this in mind, I've decided to take a step forward and consider the issue from a more narrow view; just from the lens of government policy on marriage. To do so, I'd like to discuss marriage, some of the implications of it and some of the questions that I'm still thinking about.
This shouldn't have to be said, but in light of the rise of false churches and the sexual confusion, especially on the University campus, of our day, it needs to be made clear that the Bible says, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination..." (Le. 20:13) implying that joining two men in marriage would be sin.
Furthermore, marriage is the oldest institution in creation. It was the first. Read about it in Genesis 2:18-25. It's important. And God clearly seeks to protect it. Two of the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:3-17) are commands protecting it, specifically, the seventh (v. 14, "You shall not commit adultery") and part of the tenth (v. 17, "You shall not covet your neighbor's wife"). Paul makes it clear that sexual intercourse was to be helpful at protecting a marriage (1Co. 7:3). On top of that, God places a high value on family. The role models of the local church are, chiefly, to be the elders, and Paul says that, an elder "must manage his own household well" (1Ti. 3:4).
1 comments:
I am sometimes very confused by how blogger formats my entries. Fortunately, I am not nit-picky
Post a Comment